We are committed to providing a high quality legal service to our clients. If you feel that we have not achieved an acceptable level of service we would like you to tell us.
Our complaints handling procedure
- Lodge a complaint by emailing the details to email@example.com.
- We will acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days of us receiving the complaint.
- We will investigate your complaint. There will be no costs involved for investigating your complaint.
- We will provide a proposed solution within 10 business days of receiving your complaint. If we expect that it will take longer than 10 days to offer a solution, we will advise you of the expected timescale, within 10 business days of receiving your complaint. We may suggest a meeting if we believe it will be helpful in resolving your complaint.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint you may be able complain to the Legal Ombudsman or Solicitors Regulation Authority.
When you can complain to the Legal Ombudsman
The Legal Ombudsman handles complaints regarding the service of your solicitor. If you have already complained to your solicitor and allowed them up to eight weeks to provide a full response, you can lodge a complaint with the Legal Ombudsman.
To lodge a complaint with the Legal Ombudsman:
- Download the Complaint Form from the SRA website: http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/?portfolio=complaint-form-legal
- Complete the Complaint Form
- Send the completed Complaint Form to the SRA by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ.
When you can complain to the Solicitors Regulation Authority
The Solicitors Regulation Authority handles complaints where regulated firms have breached the SRA Principles.
To report a solicitor or law firm to the SRA:
- Complete the Report Form on the SRA website: http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/report-solicitor.page
- Set out your concerns clearly
- Identify any individuals you consider responsible
- Attach any evidence you consider important
- Send the report to the SRA Reports team by email: email@example.com or by post: The Cube, 199 Wharfside Street, Birmingham, B1 1RN, DX 720293 BIRMINGHAM 47